The Brain Pool Program aims to enhance the R&D level of Korea by injecting foreign scientists with quality experience and knowledge into the domestic R&D field. Through various joint research activities done by researchers from home and abroad, the Program is expected to build long-term international cooperation network.
Foreign/overseas Korean scientists and scientists living abroad and holding Doctoral degree with 5-year or more of R&D experience outside Korea can receive the incentives from this program. In principle, the invitation period is from 6 to 12 months.
Call for proposals: deadline on May 2nd, 2017.
Young Scientist Fellowship (YSF)
The Institute for Basic Science (IBS) was founded in 2011 by the Korean government to promote basic sciences in Korea. Twenty-eight Research Centers have been launched in various fields of research. The IBS "Young Scientist Fellowship" started in 2016 to play an active role in fostering next-generation basic scientists.
Eligibility: Within 5 years of obtaining a PhD or under the age of 40 with a PhD.
Benefit and Condition:
- Annual budget of KRW150-300M per year including KRW60-70M salary
- Appointment for 3 years with possible extension of 2 years
- YS Fellows should be physically relocated to one of the IBS Centers.
- YS Fellows are eligible to apply for the IBS Career Development Award (CDA)*.
* A research fund that can be used in the newly appointed affiliation after completing the Young Scientist Fellowship.
Call for proposals: deadline on May 31st, 2017.
Click here for more information.